Sunday, February 26, 2012

New styles - Forest and Childrens Room design

So, part one of our assignment this week was to redo one of our previous environments in two new styles. I chose to do a painterly one like Brother bear, and a simple flat colored one based off of Wiley Coyote.

Inspiration:

Painterly:

Wiley:

While the Wiley coyote one kinda reminds me of the Simpsons/Futurama a little bit in the color scheme, I think it turned out pretty well. :3 I'm not normally that angular. As for the painterly one, I think it's safe to say that I just need to practice at it a lot more. I feel my foreground and background in that shot to be pretty nice, but I loose it in the middle somewhere. Something to keep experimenting with for sure!

As for the second half, I have to say I just sort of jumped into making a room, so there aren't any thumbnails to share outside of the preliminary sketch since I knew where I wanted to go with it right away. My bedroom design was for a budding equestrian, who is naturally horse obsessed. There are a lot of smaller details I would want to add in the color phase, but that's for a later time. On to the inspiration!

Inspiration, grabbed from my mac preview:

The sketch:


And the final lined product:


Some things were added, and some were removed or changed entirely, but apart from some little issues, I'm rather happy with how this came out. :3

No comments:

Post a Comment